NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR), a division of NSF International, is a fully accredited, experienced global leader in certification and verification, offering a comprehensive portfolio of management systems solutions to meet the demands of the global marketplace. NSF-ISR is the largest automotive registrar in North America and is recognized by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) to provide IATF 16949:2016 registrations in the automotive sector. NSF-ISR also provides registrations for ISO 9001 (quality), ISO 14001 (environmental), ISO 45001 (occupational health and safety), AS 9100/10/20 (aerospace), ISO 13485 (medical devices), ISO 27001 (information security), RC14001® and Responsible Care Management Systems® (chemical), ISO/IEC 20000 (information technology) and Ontario Drinking Water Programs.
With our international reach, we can meet your operational needs wherever you are in the world. We assist all sizes of organizations in navigating market complexities, reducing risk, improving performance, meeting stakeholder expectations and operating more sustainably. NSF-ISR can tailor business solutions that work for you.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-821-1246.
ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
ISO 9001 provides a set of uniform requirements for a quality management system. The standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, support of top management, the process approach and continual improvement.
A focus on quality management is essential in sustaining business success. Benefits include:
- Ability to work in industry segments that require or expect certification
- Improved product, process and service quality
- Less waste and improved productivity
- A focus on customer satisfaction as performance objectives must be aligned to customer expectations
- A competitive advantage in the market
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems) is a management tool enabling an organization of any size or type to:
Environmental management systems (EMS) increase efficiencies in the use of energy and raw materials, resulting in reduced waste and costs. An EMS can also mitigate environmental risks and increase an organization's ability to comply with environmental regulations. Finally, an EMS creates a platform for developing integrated environmental, health and safety initiatives as well as spearheading sustainability efforts.
- Identify and control the environmental impact of its activities, products or services
- Improve its environmental performance continually
- Implement a systematic approach to setting environmental objectives and targets to achieve these goals and to demonstrate that they have been met
ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
ISO 45001 is the international standard for occupational health and safety (OH&S). OH&S management systems are concerned with the safety, health and wellbeing of people in your organization.
The goals of occupational health and safety programs include fostering a safe and healthy work environment. OH&S management provides guidelines for your organization to identify hazards, and find ways to manage those hazards.
AS9100/9110/9120 Aerospace Management Systems
AS9100 Aerospace Management Systems is a widely adopted and harmonized quality management system for the aerospace industry. AS9100 encompasses ISO 9000, with additional requirements for quality and safety relevant to aerospace and defines the quality management systems standard for the industry. All major aerospace manufacturers (OEMs) and suppliers worldwide endorse or require certification to AS9100 as a condition of doing business.
Benefits of certification to AS9100 standards include:
- A qualification to supply major aerospace manufacturers
- Access to best practices from across the aerospace industry. It is the global industry standard
- Easy integration into existing quality managements systems as the AS9100 standard is based on ISO 9001, with additional, industry-critical criteria
ISO/TS 16949 Automotive Management Systems
IATF 16949:2016 Technical Specification for Automotive Quality Management Systems, in conjunction with ISO 9001, defines the quality system requirements for the design/development, manufacturing, installation and servicing of automotive-related products. IATF 16949:2016 certification is a mandatory industry requirement.
Benefits of ISO/TS 16949 certification include:
- Improved product and process quality, which can reduce costs
- Ability to gain supplier of choice status with many of the world's largest automotive manufacturers that require certification to IATF 16949:2016
- Easier integration into existing quality management programs as IATF 16949:2016 is based on ISO 9001
Ontario Drinking Water Programs
NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) serves as one of only two approved accreditation bodies for the Ontario Ministry of the Environment Drinking Water Quality Management Standard (DWQMS).
The Ontario Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002 requires an accredited operating authority to be in charge of a municipal residential drinking water system. This authority must establish and maintain a quality management system that meets the requirements of Ontario Ministry of the Environment DWQMS.
ISO 13485 Medical Devices Quality Management Systems
ISO 13485 sets regulatory requirements or, when specified, customer requirements for a management system for medical devices or services. The standard is specific to organizations providing medical devices or services, regardless of the type or size of the organization. Based on the ISO 9001 process approach to quality management, ISO 13485 focuses on what manufacturers must do to provide safe and effective medical devices.
Benefits of certification include demonstration of regulatory compliance and more effective risk management. Certification aids compliance to national or international regulatory requirements, and confirms to customers, suppliers and other stakeholders that the organization is in a state of control over its operations.
ISO 27001 Information Security Management Systems
As your business grows, the security risk to your information assets also grows. ISO 27001 encompasses an organization's overall business risks and specifies requirements for the implementation of security controls including requirements for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving a documented information security management system. ISO 27001 applies to all types of companies, including commercial enterprises, government agencies and not-for-profit organizations.
A certified ISO 27001 ISMS is a business tool that reduces risk to your information assets by:
- Systematically examining your organization's security risks, including impacts, threats and vulnerabilities
- Integrating your organization's information security/information technology programs
- Providing one platform to manage the security compliance of regulations (such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Department of Health and Human Services privacy rules (HIPAA))
- Aligning information security with your overall business objectives
RC14001 and Responsible Care Management Systems
Responsible Care® 14001 (RC14001®) and Responsible Care Management System® (RCMS®) are performance improvement initiatives launched by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) to ensure that the chemical industry makes health, safety, security and the environment top priorities. NSF-ISR is an accredited auditor for these initiatives.
RCMS certification verifies that a company has implemented the Responsible Care Management System. RC14001 incorporates RCMS and all the requirements of ISO 14001 environmental certification into a single, more cost-effective process.
Companies implementing RC14001 and/or RCMS demonstrate commitment to employee health and safety, communities and the environment. For ACC members, RCMS certification is mandatory.