Emerge confidently from COVID-19 closures with NSF, leaders in public health and safety.
Over the past few weeks, restaurants, hotels, retail stores, museums and airlines from across the globe have asked us for advice and assistance with their plans to reopen in the face of COVID-19. We quickly responded by developing an assurance program that helps organizations build trust with staff, customers and the community by helping address the uncertainties of planning for the new normal of a COVID-19 world.
Whether you are opening back up or want to improve your current operations, the Checked by NSF™ sign lets your customers know you have worked with NSF’s public health professionals to implement measures to minimize the risk of COVID-19 among your employees, visitors and guests.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
NSF's three-phase Checked by NSF™ COVID-19 control plan helps companies communicate their commitment to best-practice guidance on COVID-19 protection for their employees and customers.
Phase 1: Plan
- Your organization’s reopening plan has been created or vetted by NSF International.
- The reopening plan complies with guidance from recognized public health authorities and with local requirements.
- A staff leader has been designated and trained in COVID-19 safety protocols.
Phase 2: Implement
- NSF has documented that all aspects of your reopening plan have been implemented.
- Front line staff has been trained on COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Individual locations meet or exceed relevant public health requirements for COVID-19.
Phase 3: Improve
- Your organization continues to monitor, manage and improve your systems and practices.
- Program compliance checks are performed by NSF at least every 90 days using the Checked by NSF™ app, remote verification or on-site visits.
Checked by NSF™ is supported by a custom app that enables collaboration among sites, managers and quality teams, benchmarking of operations and risk-based analytics of leading indicators to proactively mitigate hazards.
Nearly every industry has been affected by COVID-19, and each has special considerations that need to be in place for reopening. With effects felt across every region and sector, employees and customers need reassurance that the best practices in risk mitigation and protection are implemented.
Featured industry sectors include:
Development of NSF’s COVID-19 reopening program was led by a team of experts that includes microbiologists, scientists, Ph.D.’s, medical doctors, former WHO technical officers, FDA regulators, engineers, chemists and other professionals specializing in public health and the environment.
Their efforts created a comprehensive program of science-based guidance and a variety of easy-to-use tools that any industry can use to reopen and stay open during this pandemic.
Their expertise is on display through the webinars and guidance materials found in the Resources section below.
Why Work with NSF?
In 1944, Walter Snyder, Henry Vaughan and Nathan Sinai founded NSF in the University of Michigan School of Public Health in response to a need for sanitation standards for soda fountains and luncheonette equipment.
For over 75 years, NSF International has facilitated standards development and, separately, provided independent testing and product certification for the water, food and health sciences industries.
So when you are looking for solutions to reopen and protect your employees and customers, turn to the world leader in public health and safety.