This award recognizes a company or designated site or facility with a proven commitment to food safety and quality excellence.
Eligible companies include Canadian food and beverage manufacturers, food retailers, food-service companies, food producers (on-farm), food repackers, food distributors, and packaging converters and manufacturers. This award may be presented to a corporate entity, or a designed facility of the company (Canadian facilities of international companies are eligible).
Download a copy of the application criteria for the 2018 NSF Canadian Food Safety Excellence Award.
How to Apply
Responses will be accepted May 1 to June 30, 2018 through the online application portal.
Applicants are required to provide a response to the three sections below. In addition to the written summary, applicants are encouraged to upload supporting documents as evidence to support their response.
- Tell us briefly about your organization. Max 300 words.
- Explain why you should be recognized for excellence in food safety. Look beyond being certified to a food safety and quality management scheme and showcase what sets you apart from other organizations. Max 500 words.
- Explain (and provide examples of) how you build the food safety culture in your organization. Max 500 words.
Items to Consider in Your Application
- Internal food safety metrics demonstrating food safety improvements from year to year
- Evidence showing how data is gathered and used to drive improvements from year to year
- Examples/evidence of investments in your food safety and quality management programs
- Examples of outreach including industry and/or community involvement, and participation to improve food safety practices
- Supply chain metrics and demonstration of risk-based food safety management approaches and continuous improvement
- Metrics to show how requirements of vendors are being met. This may include goals and progress against these goals.
- Evidence of how vendors/suppliers are evaluated for risk
- Marketplace results (recalls, complaints, etc.)
- Results of third-party food safety audits and evidence of regulatory compliance
- Examples of how the organization is working on food safety culture. How it is being tracked or measured?
- Demonstration of how your organization effectively communicates your food safety vision and strategy
- Evidence that senior management is committed and engaged to promoting a food safety culture and environment by providing resources and organizational structure
- Examples showing how staff / senior management are recognized for food safety efforts including incentive payouts, employee performance, etc.
Contact us with any questions regarding the awards at email@example.com.